Consultant – Model library development, Formulated Products
Department Formulated Products Business Unit
Employment basis Full-Time, permanent
Location Hammersmith, UK
Start date Immediate
Salary range: Competitive package
Process Systems Enterprise (PSE) is the leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling software and digital design and operation technology and services to the process industries. We help our customers to apply advanced process models based on our gPROMS platform technology. This enables them to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes.
Currently employing 180 staff worldwide, PSE has a well-established reputation for thought leadership and technology innovation, achieved via a substantial R&D programme spanning more than two decades. Following its recent acquisition by Siemens AG, the company is now embarking on a major further expansion of its R&D activities.
An area of strategic growth and investment for PSE is that of the Formulated Products industries, which include Life Sciences, Agrochemicals, Food & Beverage and Consumer Packaged Goods. PSE has developed unique software products and consulting services specifically for these markets, and already has a large number of major organizations as clients, including many global multi-national ‘household names’. A dedicated cross-functional Business Unit focuses exclusively on these markets.
We are now looking for a highly motivated graduate engineer/scientist to join the Formulated Products Business Unit, with specific focus on bioprocesses and their application across multiple industrial sectors.
This is a particularly varied role, with your duties and responsibilities including a combination of the following:
- Design, develop and test mathematical models to be incorporated within model libraries in the gPROMS FormulatedProducts modelling software.
- Productise the above models via the preparation of documentation, training and demonstration materials.
- Ensure consistency and interoperability with other modules of gPROMS FormulatedProducts.
- Implement and maintain all models, making maximal use of common re-usable components ensuring interoperability and a consistent look-and-feel.
- Support client take-up of the products through delivering high quality training and support.
- Work with clients and prospects to gather requirements, user feedback and enhancement requests; propose formulations for new models and/or extensions to existing ones based on internal and customer requirements.
Consulting and Applications Engineering
- Contribute to the formulation of proposals for software and/or services to clients.
- Participate in project execution and delivery to PSE customers.
- Work with PSE Marketing to prepare product-marketing material (e.g. brochures, web pages etc.).
- Deliver presentations at PSE-organised or public conferences and other events.
What qualifications and experience you should have
- A BSc, MSc or PhD in (ideally) Chemical or Biochemical Engineering. A related technical discipline such as Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry may be acceptable depending on other experience.
- First-principles or mechanistic modelling experience. Experience with modelling using partial differential equations is of particular interest.
- Experience with developing mechanistic models for fluid phase processes, particulate processes or bioprocessing is an advantage.
What skills and attributes we are looking for
- Ability to understand customer requirements and translate them to commercial software solutions.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems.
What we offer you
We operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. We have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development.
As a PSE employee, you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive internal and external training programme
- Excellent career development
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of subscriptions to professional bodies and cost of professional books
PSE is an IChemE Gold Partner and you will be part of the IChemE Accredited Training and Development Scheme which offers you a wide-ranging programme of training and development opportunities.
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the button 'Apply here'
- Java Software Developer – User Interface
- Consultant – Model library development, Formulated Products
- Business Development Manager - Formulated Products
- Consultant, Formulated Products
- Applications Engineer (Digital Applications), Formulated Products
- Product and Solutions Security Officer / Quality Manager in Project
- Plant IT Solutions Engineer
- Senior Applications Engineer, Energy and Chemicals
- Senior Consultant Engineer - Energy and Chemicals
- Senior Consultant Engineer - Formulated Products
- C++ Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Java Developers (Future Opportunities)
- Project Manager for Digital Applications
If you are interested in working for PSE but can't currently see a suitable role please click here.