Employment basis Full-Time, contract basis
Location Hammersmith, London, UK
Salary Competitive package
Passionate, visionary, collaborative and professional: these are some of the things that our customers have said about PSE. From our employees’ perspective, we operate an open, diverse and flexible culture, providing independence, opportunity to innovate, early responsibility and open and respected leadership. Therefore, people tend to stay a long time and grow with the company. PSE is proud to have a great working environment that is friendly and supportive, with a real focus on training and development. Following Siemens’ acquisition of PSE in October 2019, we are now making an additional step in growing and professionalising our business.
- We are looking for a Graphic Design Executive to join our Marketing Team. The Graphic Design Executive will work closely with the team to help with the creation of content, artwork, corporate materials, event planning and execution, corporate communications, the company website and other activities as required by the team. Therefore, someone who will promote our company positively both internally and externally as well as continue to build on our excellent reputation within the Chemical Engineering industry.
- In this role you will have the opportunity to become familiar with and develop hands-on experience in many different aspects of marketing for a multi-product, multinational organisation.
- This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work in a growing small company environment. Candidates are likely to come from a Marketing, Design or Art background but an understanding of engineering, mathematics or science will be valuable in this role.
- You will report to the Corporate Marketing Manager and work closely with the Product Managers and Events Manager.
What skills you should have:
- Work closely with the company’s graphic design and branding consultant to apply and where necessary evolve design standards and templates.
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts, working with a range of media, web and graphic design software.
- In general, you will help promote the implementation of graphic-rich content, working within the corporate brand guidelines, throughout the company’s sales and marketing materials by:
- creating new materials [flyers, brochures, stands and corporate presentations]
- creating digital materials for banners, images & icons on the website and other similar material for social media
- working with the CMM to evolve and develop the corporate and other associated websites, creating visually appealing web pages and working to ensure UX and UI coherence
- working with the software development teams and application engineers to create appealing software icons and graphic content for our products
- working with the CMM to create visually appealing and exciting content for our growing library of corporate videos.
- Work with the Product Managers and Corporate Marketing team on the design, artwork, layout and copy for brochures, event catalogues and website, ensuring accuracy and adherence to corporate standards in production.
- Liaise with [and be the main contact for] printers and stand providers in the production of exhibition stands, posters, stands and other marketing, event and printed materials. You will be responsible for maintaining the digital and physical materials and keeping them organized and current.
- Responsibility for the packing, shipment organisation and safe delivery of marketing materials shipped to and from corporate and PSE organised events at home and abroad.
- Responsibility for the company employee photo board.
- You will also be required to carry out such other duties and tasks as are allocated to you at the discretion of the company.
What skills we are looking for:
- Degree in Marketing, Design or Art.
- Good familiarity with the following software important: Adobe Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator, MS Word, MS Excel & MS Powerpoint.
- Proven graphic design ability and experience, specifically digital design.
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
- Good interpersonal and influential skills, as you will engage with a number of highly articulate internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to take initiative (although support will be given) with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organiser and good multi-tasker.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Good team working ability.
- Willingness to work flexibly when required [eg prior to and during events]
What we offer you:
- Flexible working
- 26 days of holiday per year, plus 8 days of statutory Bank Holidays
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Comprehensive internal and external training programme
- Excellent career development
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox discount platform
- Great office environment, with free fruit, coffee and biscuits, and regular social events
- Reimbursement of professional registration and cost of professional books
- Internal coaching sessions with a Professional Coach
If you wish to apply, please click on the button 'Apply here'