Please note that this vacancy is now closed.
|Available positions:||Applications Engineer|
|Employment basis:||Full-Time, Permanent|
|Location:||Hammersmith, London, UK|
|Salary range:||Attractive package|
Process Systems Enterprise (PSE) is the world\'s leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling technology and related model-based engineering and innovation services to the process industries. We help our customers to apply advanced process models based on our gPROMS platform technology. This enables them to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk, and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes.
PSE have a Formulated Products business unit, which includes Life Sciences, Agrochemicals, Food & Beverage and Consumer Packaged Goods. PSE has developed some unique software and consulting services specifically for these markets and developed strong relationships with global multi-national 'household names'. The customer base includes Pfizer, Eli Lilly, Procter & Gamble, Merck and the FDA and within EMEA this includes AstraZeneca, Roche, Danone, Nestle, and Syngenta.
The Applications Engineer role is a varied position which involves working with our product development team, communicating with our clients on the technical aspects of a project and applying gPROMS FormulatedProducts for a wide variety of applications. There is also an opportunity to become a Chartered Engineer.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Consulting and training activities that support the sales of PSE products and technical services
- Able to support customers in their application of the products and work with the sales team to deliver growth
- Presenting PSE\’s software and consulting services to selected prospects and translating their requirements into a solution
- Planning and execution of training courses, evaluations and consulting projects
- Business development and lead generation through presenting at and attending events, trade shows, consortia meetings, webinars etc.
- Pro-actively instigate new discussions within accounts and prospects to enable PSE to understand and discover customer goals and challenges relevant to opportunities for PSE
- Support of existing customers in their application of PSE products
- Work with product experts and customers to develop supporting materials of (video) tutorials of workflows involving modelling and experimentation
- Preparation and delivery of presentations, software demos and generic training material
- Product enhancement; - identification and tracking of bugs encountered while working on customer applications
- Gathering of requirements, user feedback and enhancement requests from customers and prospects to provide input into product roadmaps
- Product development (typically prototyping ideas and handing them to the product development team)
Skills and Requirements
- Master’s or PhD in Chemical, Biochemical, Pharmaceutical or a related discipline
- Experience of carrying out first-principles modelling
- Ability to understand customer requirements and build relationships
- Awareness of the technical, business and regulatory challenges faced in the R&D, Engineering and Manufacturing departments of the relevant industries
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Excellent presentation and communication (oral and written in English language) skills
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and manage unexpected problems and commercial needs
- Understanding and experience of utilising characterisation techniques (e.g. laser diffraction for particle size distribution measurements) and Process Analytical Technologies (PAT) would be desired
- Experience or working knowledge of mechanistic modelling would be desirable
- Experience with gPROMS®, SPEEDUP®, ACM®, Dymola® or another equation-oriented modelling tool is an advantage.
- Willing to travel within EMEA, the Americas and APAC for on average 5 days per month as the role develops
Please note that this vacancy is now closed.
We offer you:
- Offices near the Hammersmith stations
- Flexible, relaxed environment working with a friendly team
- 26 Holidays per year plus bank holidays
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Professional fees, professional books reimbursed
- Internal and External training and career paths
- Regular team events
- Free fruit, toast, coffee, tea and biscuits
- Cake for your birthday
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme